This blog is about the story of my family here in America. We arrived in the 1630s as Puritans, and became the common folk of the New World.

Memorial Day - No time limit on remembance

It's Memorial Day, and I was reluctant to post about my gggrandfather William Hall on the web today. Yes, he died in a war here on American soil. And yes, he is part of my family.

I've always been interested in history, and I've always hated the phrase *back in the day*, but here it just seems to work. That it was a long time ago is really all that needs to be said. Putting an actual date on it, and naming the war just seems to make it sound, well, a little silly.

But fighting, and dying, in wars in something that my family has done here in America, even when we were British Colonials.

There is no time limit on remembrance.

William Hall
Post a Comment