This blog is about the story of my family here in America. We arrived in the 1630s as Puritans, and became the common folk of the New World.

A priceless collection

In the 1987 comedy, "Throw Mama from the Train", the character played by Danny Devito shows his coin collection to the character played by Billy Crystal. The joke is that they were not valuable coins at all, they were just coins that he had kept as a kid from change that had been given to him by his father. It was just meant to be funny, I guess, but I understood that it was a priceless collection.

I started my priceless collection many years ago. I have my great-grandfather's clock. I have my grandmother's Bible. I have many other things, all priceless. People sometimes ask me what they're worth. I doubt that you would even get an offer on ebay for this stuff. Maybe a couple of bucks, if you're lucky.

I recently expanded my collection to include a priceless collection of Phoenix, Arizona, my favorite city. It includes the original sign from the Professional Building. Most of my priceless treasures belong to other people who understand, and value, these things.

If all that matters to you is the dollar value placed on auction for these things, you would be unimpressed. If you understand what priceless collectibles are, you would cherish them as much as I do.
Post a Comment