This blog is about the story of my family here in America. We arrived in the 1630s as Puritans, and became the common folk of the New World.

Forever young

I've always been fascinated with age. Some people look their best in their teens, some in their twenties, thirties, forties and beyond. Many of the people that I have collected in my genealogy program I have only known at very advanced ages and it fascinates me to see them at a younger age. Even though I collect genealogical information, it's really the photos that I like the best. This photo is from my mom's high school graduation in 1945. She is in her eighties now, and I really only have a hazy idea of what she looked like when I was a kid. I was born when she was thirty, so mostly I remember her in her forties and beyond.

In the photo she is forever young.

Photo by Enstrom studios, hand-tinted by Mrs. Rhoda Nyberg.
Post a Comment