This blog is about the story of my family here in America. We arrived in the 1630s as Puritans, and became the common folk of the New World.

How to replace a Purple Heart, or any military medal, in the U.S.

To get a replacement Purple Heart, or any military medal issued by the U.S., go to, select the branch of service, and that page will show you where you should write to get it replaced.

From The National Archives page:

Generally, there is no charge for medal or award replacements. The length of time to receive a response or your medals and awards varies depending upon the branch of service sending the medals.

This purple heart was earned by my father, George Hall during WWII.
Post a Comment